Last Revised March 24, 2017
Thank you for visiting www.factset.com, the Website of FactSet Research Systems Inc. and its affiliates (“FactSet” or “we”). FactSet is a provider of integrated financial information and analytical applications to the global investment community. To protect your privacy better, FactSet wants you to know how we collect your information, the types of information we collect, how we use and share your information and what choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on this Website.
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, etc. ("personal information");
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details (“usage information”).
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us.
- automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
If you provide your personal information to us, we may use that information to service your account, send you news, information or promotions related to our products and services. In some instances, you may receive information or promotions about products or services offered by another company.
When you have provided personal information to us, we may disclose such information to other companies that we have engaged to assist it in providing you goods or services. This may include, but is not limited to, fulfillment houses, billing services, transaction managers, credit verification services, and other third party service providers. We also may disclose your personal information to third party service providers that assist us in conducting market research for our own purposes. We do not sell personal information to third parties for their own use, but may provide certain usage information to advertisers to help provide you with relevant advertising.
We may also disclose any of your personal information or usage information to law enforcement or other appropriate third parties in connection with criminal investigations, investigation of fraud, infringement of intellectual property rights, or other suspected illegal activities, as may be required by applicable law, or, as we may deem necessary in our sole discretion, in order to protect our legitimate legal and business interests.
We reserve the right to disclose, share and/or otherwise transfer personal information and usage information, in connection with a corporate merger, acquisition, consolidation, the sale of a portion of our business or the sale of substantially all of our assets, or other fundamental corporate change, whatever form it may take. You will be notified via e-mail or prominent notice on our website prior to a change of ownership or control of your personal information or usage information, if your personal information or usage information will be used contrary to this policy.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of requesting information or further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain usage information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, browser type, and internet service provider.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as Web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We may collect personal information automatically, and we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
Collection of Information from Children
We do not seek information directly from children. If you are under 13, you should not provide us with any information without the involvement of a parent or guardian.
We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and all other applicable laws and regulations concerning children and the Internet. If the parent or guardian, of a user who is a minor, discovers that the user has submitted his or her personal information without the parent or guardian’s permission or consent, we will take reasonable steps to remove that information from the Website and our servers at the parent or guardian’s request. To request removal of personal information of a minor, please contact us as set forth below and be sure to include in the message the user name and legal name of the minor.
FactSet will enable you to access your personal information held by FactSet and you will be able to correct, amend, or delete that information where it is inaccurate, except (1) where the burden or expenses of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy in the case in question, or (2) where the rights of persons other than you would be violated. If you wish to access your personal information held by FactSet, you may do so by contacting FactSet’s Global Privacy Officer using the contact information provided below.
Notice to California Residents/Your California Privacy Rights and Canadian Residents: California and Canadian residents are entitled to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of your personal information and to request updates to such information or revocation of consent of use of such information. To make such a request, please contact FactSet’s Global Privacy Officer using the contact information provided below.
FactSet takes reasonable precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, altercation, and destruction. Unfortunately, while we work hard to ensure the security of your personal information while it is on our systems, no security measures are perfect and data transmitted over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot and do not ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit and you do so at your own risk.
FactSet is a global company. To offer our services, we may need to transfer your information among several countries, including the United States, where we are headquartered. For information collected from residents of EU member states, FactSet complies with the Standard Contractual Clauses as set forth by the EU regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the EU. FactSet intends to comply with future EU laws related to the transfer of data outside of the EU.
Links to Other Websites
Our Websites may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from FactSet. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by FactSet, we are not responsible for the websites’ content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, FactSet's privacy practices or if you would like us to update information or preferences you provided to us, please write to us at:
Global Privacy Officer
FactSet Research Systems Inc.
601 Merritt 7
Norwalk, CT 06851