FactSet's Research Desk complements FactSet-sourced data with thought leadership, commentary, and research reports. Our contributors are sourced daily in leading industry media, including The Wall Street Journal, Barron's, CNBC, TheStreet, and more. Research Desk reports, along with daily content on a wide range of relevant topics, are available on FactSet Insight.
Subscribe to Insight to receive all of our Research Desk reports, plus additional unique FactSet commentary from our slate of industry experts. FactSet clients can also receive Research Desk reports through the FactSet workstation.
Subscribe to all Research Desk
Research Desk Reports
Companies and Earnings
Subscribe to Companies and Earnings
Weekly in-depth look at earnings trends of companies in the S&P 500 index.
- Key metrics to analyze corporate revenues and earnings using FactSet Estimates
- Extensive historical data from FactSet Market Aggregates on sector- and index-level valuations
- Comparison of annual estimates from industry analysts (bottoms-up) relative to strategists (top-down) at the index-level
Targets and Ratings: U.S.
Quarterly examination of the trends in target prices and recommendations for companies in the S&P 500 index.
- Aggregate data on the number of buy, hold, and sell ratings at the sector and index level
- A breakdown of companies with the highest percentages of buy, hold, and sell ratings
- A comparison of the aggregate, index-level target price from industry analysts relative to the mean target price from strategists
- A look at companies with the highest percentage of upside or downside differences between their mean target and closing price
Analysis of EPS and sales guidance trends for companies in the S&P 500 index.
- Aggregate sector-level and historical data on EPS and sales guidance for the current quarter, prior quarter, and current year
- A comparison of EPS guidance to estimated and actual earnings at the company- and sector-level
- An analysis of price performance of companies issuing EPS guidance
Hedge Fund Ownership
Subscribe to Hedge Fund Ownership
Hedge Fund Ownership Quarterly
Analysis of top-level equity exposures and trends within the fifty largest hedge funds and their largest portfolio holdings, purchases, and sales.
Subscribe to Shareholder Distributions
Analysis of share buyback activity at the company, sector, and index levels for the S&P 500 index.
- Examinations of buyback-related metrics including shares available for repurchase, trends in shares outstanding, and dollar-value buybacks relative to free cash flow
- Examinations of company-level metrics, including buyback yields and repurchase prices relative to average stock prices
In-depth look into the dividend trends of companies in the S&P 500.
- Commentary on sector-level dividends per share, yields, and payout ratios
- Comparisons of company EPS growth to short, medium, and long-term DPS growth rates
- Backtest results of the dividend-related factors that have best predicted forward returns
Cash and Investment Quarterly
Outline of trends in corporate cash balances and investment activities of companies in the S&P 500 index.
- Research on capital expenditures, dividend payments, share buybacks, and M&A
- Examinations of company, sector, and index level net long-term debt issuance
- Backtest results examining the relevant factors to cash and corporate investments