FactSet was founded in 1978 and has been publicly held since 1996. The Company is dual listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the NASDAQ Stock Market under the symbol “FDS.” Fiscal 2015 marked the Company’s 37th year of operation, its 35th consecutive year of revenue growth and its 19th consecutive year of earnings growth as a public company.
As of August 31, 2015, FactSet has a market capitalization of $6.5 billion, which is up 22.6% over last year. The Company currently has 38 office locations in 21 countries employing 7,360 individuals. In March 2015, FactSet was ranked #48 on Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For,” marking the Company’s seventh appearance on the list in the last eight years. FactSet was also recognized as one of the UK’s “Best Workplaces” by the Great Place to Work® Institute UK for the seventh consecutive year, listed in Crain’s “Chicago’s Best Places to Work” for the third year in a row, and included in the “2015 Best Places to Work in France” list for the fourth consecutive year. In addition, in July 2015 the Company was awarded the Best Research and Analytics tool at the 2015 Systems in the City Awards.
Since becoming a public company in 1996, FactSet has evolved from a U.S.-centric software firm into a global company generating approximately a third of its revenues from clients outside the U.S. Through technological proficiency, a dedicated workforce, and an unwavering commitment to client service, the Company has driven revenue and earnings per share to new heights, as well as increased its international presence, and ultimately, its competitive edge.
2015 Financial Highlights
Fiscal 2015 was another successful year for FactSet as it attained record levels of revenues, operating income, net income, and diluted earnings per share.
- After crossing the $1 billion mark in February, annual subscription value (“ASV”) grew to $1.058 billion as of August 31, 2015, up 9% organically year over year
- Revenue reached $1,006.8 million, an increase of 9% over the prior year
- As of August 31, 2015, the Company has 2,976 clients and 62,205 users with access to data from more than 220 data suppliers, 100 news sources and 80 exchanges
- Diluted earnings per share rose to $5.71, representing an 16% growth over the prior year
- FactSet has reported double-digit diluted EPS growth for 21 consecutive quarters
- $281 million in free cash flow was generated during fiscal 2015
- In May 2015, the Board of Directors approved a 12.8% increase in the regular quarterly dividend to $0.44 per share, or $1.76 per share per annum
- With dividends and share repurchases, in the aggregate, FactSet has returned $322.8 million to stockholders over the past 12 months
2015 Product and Content Innovation
- In fiscal 2015, FactSet introduced unique product innovations and applications which have improved the speed and usability of the workstation. In addition to making the application more intuitive, FactSet also released new site-wide search functionality which allows users to discover reports and applications.
- FactSet Portfolio Services offers robust and transparent data reconciliation and standardized custom reporting options across regions and asset classes
- FactSet Geographic Revenue Exposure (“GeoRev”) is a comprehensive database that correlates geographic revenue to a proprietary normalized four-level geographic classification structure containing more than 280 countries, areas, regions and super-regions. With GeoRev in Portfolio Analytics, active managers can construct developed market portfolios to gain exposure to emerging markets. The GeoRev dataset covers 18,000 global securities with history starting with 2003 for U.S. firms and 2006 for international companies.
- As-Reported Financials is a new dataset within the FactSet Fundamentals product line. As-Reported Financials data is available in income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow reports via the Company tab in the FactSet workstation. It allows users to easily view all as-reported reports in one place, benefit from complete transparency with 100% data auditability, and view data in way it is presented by each company.
- FactSet ETF Data and Analytics provides comprehensive reference and analytics data across the universe of exchange-traded products. FactSet ETF Reference allows users to complete exchange-traded fund (“ETF”) due diligence using FactSet’s library of fund-specific data points and information on ETF structure, trading, and benchmark indexes. Users can also search across asset classes using a horizontal classification system to understand each ETF’s exposure on a granular level and retrieve exchange listings data, including exchange names, tickers, exchange codes and listing currencies to monitor trades on multiple exchanges in different currencies.